God Love You!
This week I've been reading, My Life with the Saints by James Martin. It is awesome and truly just walked into my life at the library. Somebody left it lying on a shelf near where the kiddos were playing so I just had to get it. Now I'm trying to read it as fast as I can so I can get it back to that library on that same shelf!
Well folks, I'm about half way through and realize I know so little about the Catholic Church and it's history. There is a chapter on the Jesuits and St. Ignatius of Loyola - I knew absolutely nothing about them! I must change this.
One of the nifty things that has stuck with me was to try and do an examination of conscience at the end of the day and really try to see God's hand in everything - where we felt Him most, where we said no to Him. So I've been trying to do that, but I have to cut myself short because this little mind tends to dwell on those times where I can feel Him most and gloss over the times when I say no to Him. I hope this gets better with time!
As far as the blog goes, it had prompted me to maybe add a weekly post about those times when I feel Him in my life. So I said, yes, I need to do that and then went on my merry way.
Then, I started reading through Dwija's link up, and said "Hmmm, I wonder if I have any recipes I could add?" I searched my recipedias tag and read through some of the ones I posted, then I found the Little Things: Chilaquiles recipedia. Guess what, I had already done that whole Little Things deal before and forgot all about it.
Thank-you God for reminding me about all those little things! Thank-you!
Now back to the link-up, here are some of my fave fast recipedias:
- Butternut squash mac-n-cheese. This one is made faster if you pre-roast the squash, I think I need to go back to my Sunday veggie-roasting fests!
- Chilaquiles. Or poor-man enchiladas that you can also add cooked-over medium eggs on top - just delicious!
- Shrimp+Kale Tacos. I need to bring Taco Thursday back!
- Potato+Tuna Tacos. These can also be made into little tuna patties and eaten over rice. The potato+garlic+cilantro+tuna combination is so good and I got my parents to thank for introducing me to it!
- Lentils+Potato+Cheese. I must confess, I love me some potatoes!
- Potato+Chorizo+Avocado Cream - goodness, it has been too long since I bought potatoes!
- Avocado+Bacon Tacos. Taco Thursdays are coming back my friends!
Please note, I am not a chef by any stretch of the imagination. RC jokes that I make hospital type food, so please make sure to add your seasoning - I'm working on it!
Also, thank-you all for stopping by and for those of you that posted - you best believe I'm going to get out my crock-pot and let it do all the cookin!